Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hey Everybody!
We're still in Idaho, still battling the heat but things are great. We're having an incredible time. We climbed this huge hill today that went up and up. There were no cars but as we were creeping so so slowly up the switchbacks we met a real live cowboy and guess what he was herding? COWS. I think that's the closest I've been to a cow since Jen was at OSU.

We're in this funny little cafe in a town called Stites. It's like a tornado picked it up out of Portland and dropped in the rural Idaho. We're just waiting for the weather to cool off a little before heading on to our final destination.

Here are some other important things I wanted to let you all know:
1. I got pooped on by a BARN OWL. That's a once in a lifetime sort of thing, you know?
2. My legs are getting very, very strong.
3. I have a really awkward tan.
4. I ate bacon today--yes sir, I am that hungry.

I think that's all and my time is almost up but I just wanted to let you know that I am doing well and having a pretty great time.
Love,
Catie

3 comments:

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

Hey Sis, I think I spotted your giant hill on Google maps. No sign of the cowboy though. I thought you might like to know that you climbed about 1500 feet over 4.85 miles at an average slope of 5.9%.

Does this look like the right spot?

http://tinyurl.com/52wddy

lynn said...

love reading the posts, Catie. We missed you at Myko's wedding