Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello from Wyoming

Despite the incredibly gross past few days I've had (stomach flu and bike riding are a bad combination) we have managed to persevere and continue on! We've made it to Rawlins, WY. We're camping on the side of the interstate at an RV park that is made mostly of gravel but they have showers, laundry and a cyclist discount so we couldn't be happier. Getting here was an amazing feat involving winds that almost knocked us off the side of the road, diarrhea in the desert (I won't bore you with the details), the creepiest cafe I've ever seen, and a very kind man who came to our aid at the foot of a huge hill. I think (I hope) food is finally agreeing to stay in my stomach and the Colorado border is looming large. Sometimes super tough days are great because they all end eventually.

I have to go so Dave can shower but thank you for all your encouraging posts! I'll see you in August.
Love,
Catie

6 comments:

Maya said...

Omigosh! You guys are so incredible! I can't even imagine continuing a journey like yours while sick... I want to bring you gadoraid! My guess is if you make it through this, and then you make it through Colorado (which is supposed to be beautiful), the rest of the trip will seem easy, once in the flat plains with the wind. Hang in there, we are SO proud of you!
Love, Maya

Maya said...

p.s. Just looked on the map of your route, and where Rawlings, WY is in relation to the whole trip - you've really gone a LONG ways!
- M

matt picio said...

Way to go, Dave and Catie! Look forward to hearing about the trip sometime - awesome!

Matt (from Champoeg / Cape Lookout)

Nick said...

Very hard core. Don't think of it as diarrhea. Think of it as a solid rocket booster. Actually, don't, cause it's gross, but you rock.

(and thanks to Dave for taking care of Catie and keeping her hydrated)

Kendal said...

wow you made it to the other side of the flu! glad you're feeling better.

tim kamerer said...

Hey you guys. Way to rock out while you squirt out!
-timmers